SYMPTOMS WHISPER: IT’S TIME WE LISTEN
HOW YOU CAN EMPOWER THE WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE TO TAKE CHARGE OF THEIR HEALTH
Did you know that 1 in 2 women diagnosed with ovarian cancer die from the disease? The good news is advances in science and technology have given us promising resources that increase our ability to detect it early. Through education and public health awareness, we are going to help women “find and fix” this deadly disease once and for all. Our hope is to educate and empower Dallas women – the landscape is changing, and you can be in the driver’s seat as an advocate for yourself and the women that you love and serve.
Date: November 19th, 2021
Time: 11:30AM – 1:30PM CDT
Location: Mirador | Located atop Forty-Five Ten 1608 Elm Street, Dallas TX 75201
Speakers and Featured Guests:
Dr. Kamilia Smith, Founder and Director of Charleston House Gynecology
- Drawing on nearly two decades of medical experience, Dr. Kamilia Smith set out to bridge the gap that exists in women’s healthcare by founding Charleston House in 2019.
- Dr. Smith is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is a certified menopausal practitioner through the North American Menopause Society and a clinical assistant professor. She has completed an Executive Healthcare Leadership Fellowship from Creighton University.
Dr. Shieva Ghofrany Head of Global Clinical Implementation with Aspira Women’s Health
- Dr. Ghofrany is a practicing OB/GYN and has been in private practice since 2003 at Coastal Obstetrics & Gynecology in Stamford, CT.
- She received her undergraduate education at Georgetown University and completed a post-baccalaureate pre-medical program at Columbia University. She attended medical school at Tel Aviv University/Sackler School of Medicine after which she completed her residency at Stamford Hospital/Columbia University.
- Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer at Stage II five years ago, she has a strong belief that if women and doctors work together, we can STOP erroneously labeling ovarian cancer “the silent killer”.
- Dr Ghofrany has been quoted in many online and print publications including articles in The Huffington Post, Parents Magazine, and Mind Body Green. As well, she continues to be listed in Castles-Connolly Top Docs each year, has taped videos for “the Bump”, “Web MD” and “Verywell.com” and most notably was featured in two episodes of PBS HUMAN airing May 2021 which will then show on Netflix.
Also in attendance:
Kaile Zagger, Chief Operating Officer, Aspira Women's Health
- Kaile has personally experienced the devastating nature of late-stage ovarian cancer, beginning with her mother’s diagnosis at the young age of 40 and her passing from this horrific disease at 46 in 1999. Because of this, she is fiercely committed to the prevention, early detection, and mitigation of late-stage diagnosis.
Event Registration Form
Complete this form to receive your event invite: